A lot of the most common and frustrating plumbing problems are due to issues with pipe damage, the wrong kind of pipe being used, or incorrect installation. When you ensure that you call a reputable and experienced plumber for plumbing services in Surrey, you can be confident that your pipes are being replaced with the right kind of pipe, which is properly installed. Here are a few things to know about the pipes that are used in your home:
- Know what kind of pipe you need for the job. Most of the pipes in your house are either going to be PVC, or CPVC and It’s very important to use the right kind, as they both have different advantages and disadvantages.
- PVC pipe is almost always used for cold water lines, such as drainage and external taps. PVC can release Polyvinyl Chloride into your water stream if it’s heated too much, so it’s important that you make sure you use the right pipe for the job.
- If you’re having a problem with a hot water line, a CPVC pipe will most likely be used for the replacement, as it does not have the same dangers as PVC pipe when heated.
- No matter what kind of pipe is needed for the job, it will need to be cut, which should be done with a universal pipe cutter to make clean, easy cuts with no risk of leakage.
- Just as there are different types of piping, there are also several different types of glues for them. Using the right glue for your pipes will prevent debonding and expensive water damage repair due to fitting leaks.
- Before gluing, a primer must be applied to the pipe. Primers allow the glue’s bond to last longer and are also required by plumbing guidelines.
Good plumbing services in Surrey will be aware of the requirements for using different types of pipes for different applications and will be certain to prepare and install the pipes properly for safe, reliable water and drainage service throughout your home.